- Feds Hold Off Approving Texas' Voter ID Bill – Julian Aguilar, Texas Tribune
Did anyone expect a different outcome from the Obama Administration?
- Houston, We Have a Solution – Mario Loyola, NRO
- Houston housing model attracting worldwide attention – Houston Strategies
- Taxes are devilish in Perry’s Eden – David Hill, The Hill
Some taxes are higher than others in Texas. So what? The important question, unaddressed here, is the overall tax burden compared to other states.
- Is Texas really a leader in low taxes? – Aman Batheja, Fort Worth Star-Telegram
Batheja follows Dr. Hill’s lead. A broader, comparative analysis is still lacking.
- SEC announces A&M will join conference – The 12th Word at A&M
- HISD hires another ex-Chronicle staffer in communications for $85k-plus – Examiner News
Alternative headline: Another allegedly “strapped” Texas ISD finds plenty of money to waste on administrative overhead.
- Free Speech Silenced At Public University In Texas – Rhymes with Right
- Have You Spotted Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst? – The Right Side of Austin
- Jim Dunnam, TWIA plaintiff lawyer, launches anti-TWIA reform website – Weston Hicks, AgendaWise Reports
- Exiting Ogden keeps a hand in politics – Peggy Fikac, San Antonio Express-News
- Back Story with Texas Watchdog: Investigating Unions – Trent Seibert, Texas Watchdog
- Dannie gets his tax on – David Jennings, Big Jolly Politics
- A national example of HonestTexans.com – Weston Hicks, AgendaWise Reports
Perry for Prez
- Rick Perry reels after Florida flop – Alexander Burns and Maggie Haberman, Politico
- Debate performances slow Perry's momentum – Jason Embry and Chuck Lindell, Austin American-Statesman
- Time to Buy Rick Perry Stock – Michael Tomasky, The Daily Beast
- The Case for Buying Low on Perry – Nate Silver, FiveThirtyEight/NYTimes.com
- Will Someone Tell Rick Perry That Texas Violates Federal Law? – Rhymes with Right
- Perry just a Texan being Texan – David Hill, The Hill