- Texas likely to expand authority to lease highways to developers – Gordon Dickson, Fort Worth Star-Telegram
There’s your interesting, the lege-has-headed-home, nothing-to-see-here, Good Friday news drop!
- Feds to fork over $830 million in disputed Texas school funding – Richard Dunham, Texas on the Potomac
- Gov. Perry Issues Proclamation for Days of Prayer for Rain in Texas – Office of the Governor
Sometimes, you can’t help but wonder if he doesn’t do these things just to excite his critics.
- A missive from a sad, bleak future – Lisa Falkenberg, Houston Chronicle
Unlike so many of the sky-is-falling news accounts of the budget debate, at least this is clearly opinion.
- California Dreamin'—of Jobs in Texas – John Fund, Wall Street Journal
Another story you probably won’t see in some MSM roundups.
- Resistance builds to proposal to suspend Texas' sales tax holiday – Dave Montgomery, Fort Worth Star-Telegram
- Texas windstorm agency TWIA disputes state report saying it failed to report possible fraud – Steve Miller, Texas Watchdog
- Ron Paul: The Founding Father – John Richardson, Esquire
- Controversy could hurt UT in long run – Melissa Ludwig, San Antonio Express-News
Beating. Dead. Horse.
- The Texas Democratic Strategy: Winnability vs. Values – Karl-Thomas Musselman, Burnt Orange Report
Their “value” candidates (Van Os etc.) have done far worse than their “winnability” candidates.
- Texas Republicans and Democrats: So Hypocritically “Happy Together” – Yvonne Larsen, Big Jolly Politics
- Of Lords and Serfs: Dannie wants his gun – David Jennings, Big Jolly Politics
- Gail Collins Inspiring Pro-Lifers – Weston Hicks, AgendaWise Reports
- WEIRD: Cowboys Stadium to host … women's bowling tourney? – Linda Stewart Ball, Mywesttexas.com
- I gotta go with Ray Benson… – Live from the Alamo City