- Controversial hire leaves UT System – Erin Mulvaney, Trail Blazers Blog
The higher ed establishment claims a scalp (with the active assistance of the Texas political media establishment). See More.
- Less Than Hero – Paul Burka, Texas Monthly
Declining to spend at Burka’s preferred levels = “a deficit of leadership”?
- Budget cuts = worst session – Dave McNeely, Midland Reporter-Telegram
“Rick Perry’s running for vice-president,” the lobbyist continued. “David Dewhurst’s running for the U.S. Senate, and every statewide non-judicial elected official wants to run for something else.”
The lobbyist, no raving liberal, was aghast at the position of Gov. Perry, Lt. Gov. Dewhurst and House Speaker Joe Straus to reach a balanced budget through spending cuts alone.
Did “the lobbyist” miss the last election?
- The Hispanic Century? – Norman Nie, Miller-McCune
President Obama’s WFAA dustup
- DFW's News 8 goes one-on-one with President Obama – WFAA.com
- President Obama thumps Gov. Rick Perry — and a Dallas TV reporter – Jennifer Peebles, Texas Watchdog
- In Case Obama has Forgotten, He Lost Texas by 11.7 Points – Mark Hemingway, Weekly Standard
- Gov. Perry responds to President – Kelley Shannon, Trail Blazers Blog
- Can Democrats win in Texas in 2012? – Chris Cillizza, Washington Post
- Texas Still An Uphill Climb For Democrats – Sean Sullivan, Hotline On Call/National Journal
A Matt Angle sighting!
- Perry: Universities can help create a Silicon Valley in Texas – Kelley Shannon, Dallas Morning News
- Senate considers direct sales at Texas breweries – Vicky Garza, Houston Business Journal
- Must-pass Senate bill would let homeless jobs programs tap Enterprise Fund – Robert T. Garrett, Trail Blazers Blog
- Legislators ready to dish revenue menu – Peggy Fikac, Houston Chronicle
- Senators roll out not-so-new revenue ideas – Kate Alexander, Austin American-Statesman
- Senate's Business-Killer – Michael Quinn Sullivan, Empower Texans
- How "local control" is used to undermine conservatives in Texas – Daniel Greer, AgendaWise Reports