- Since the beginning of Barack Obama's administration, Rick Perry's Texas has added more jobs than all other states combined – WILLisms
- Texas Electric Grid Faces Uncertainty in 2012 – Kate Galbraith, Texas Tribune
Yes it does. 2012 may be the year the Obama EPA’s war on Texas finally snuffs the economy here.
- Court: New Texas districts may be discriminatory – Chris Tomlinson, AP
- Texas' voter ID law may not be implemented in time for 2012 primaries – Aman Batheja, Fort Worth Star-Telegram
- Gingrich, Perry fail to qualify for Virginia ballot – Libby Quaid, AP
- Rep. Ron Paul's story changes on racial comments bearing his name – Jackie Kucinich, USA Today
- Why Ron Paul's Newsletter Explanation Fails – Rhymes with Right
- Federal judges slam Texas’ redistricting formula – Nolan Hicks, Texas on the Potomac/Chron.com
- Silvestre Reyes' support of court-drawn map criticized: Challengers say boundaries give US rep unfair advantage – Cindy Ramirez, El Paso Times
So why do Texas Dems and media elites prefer judicial gerrymandering to self-government again?
- Texas is tops in population growth -Steve Campbell, Fort Worth Star-Telegram
- Hacker group says it stole data from Austin-based Stratfor – Cassandra Vinograd and Ramit Plushnick-Masti, Fort Worth Star-Telegram
- Will the Texas Voter I.D. law survive? – Paul Burka, BurkaBlog
- Craig James' attorney seeks depositions from book publisher – Brittany Hoover, Lubbock Avalanche-Journal
- Glen Maxey’s Salacious Book: The Hot Rick Perry Story That Wasn’t – Jacob Bernstein, The Daily Beast
- Texas Greens Cheer New EPA Mercury Rules – Kate Galbraith, Texas Tribune
Fans of a healthy economy and opportunity society, not so much.
- Texas EPA czar starts mercury war – Tom McGregor, DallasBlog
- EPA setting Texas up for pain – Weston Hicks, AgendaWise Reports
- Teachers unions, bureaucrats take on self-government – Kate Alexander, Austin American-Statesman
More than $5 billion worth of state budget cuts to education enacted by lawmakers earlier this year has exacerbated the problem.
We supplied a better headline. The “$4 billion cut” lie continues, of course (and grows).
- Beating the Perry security detail dead horse – Jay Root, Texas Tribune
There, that headline is an improvement.
- Some Elections Depend on Which Lines Judges Draw – Ross Ramsey, Texas Tribune
Why do Dems and media elites in our state prefer this to self-government?
- Texas Tree Ring Study Warns of Long Droughts – Kate Galbraith, Texas Tribune
Wait, climate change isn’t a new thing?