- Sen. Cornyn Says He Doesn't Appreciate AG Holder Telling Texas How To Run Its Elections – David Pitman, KUHF News
- Rip the lid off the secrecy of public employee pensions – Curt Olson, Texas Budget Source
- Texas executions reach new low – Mike Ward, Postcards/Statesman.com
- State OKs 50-year water plan – Will Weissert, AP
- UT President Ends Tough Year With Another Battle – Reeve Hamilton and Morgan Smith, Texas Tribune
The latest paean to the higher ed bureaucrat (and TT source).
- Why We Chose Rick Perry as Our 2012 Bum Steer of the Year – Texas Monthly
The lockstep Texas political media has been waiting this day for SO LONG!
- Rick Perry’s Presidential Candidacy a Bitter Pill for Texans – Evan Smith, Daily Beast
Nah, one suspects some Texans — especially among the lockstep political media — have rather enjoyed it. See above.
- On Redistricting, GOP and Texas AG are in Sync – Ross Ramsey, Texas Tribune
The attorney general’s office claims purity, as you’d expect it to, saying it’s not politically motivated even as it rails against its Washington counterparts at the Department of Justice as being politically motivated.
But the political smell is hard to ignore.
SHOCK: Some journos find self-government in a conservative state smelly.
- Perry likens himself to Tebow in final debate before Iowa caucuses – Jason Embry and Kate Alexander, Austin American-Statesman
- God and the Economy in Iowa – Kimberley Strassel, WSJ.com