Morning Update: Recommended
- My Tax and Spending Reform Plan – Gov. Rick Perry, WSJ.com
- Perry campaign: New advisers will boost campaign with a focus on advertising – Peggy Fikac, Chron.com
- Perry bolsters campaign team – Jason Embry, Postcards
Monday saw too much poorly sourced, wildly speculative “reporting” from Texas media on the Perry campaign staffing. This story and the one above stand in contrast.
- I’m Afraid I Have to Call Bulls*** on Paul Burka – Erick Erickson, RedState
In which blogger/activist makes an inquiry, obtains info, and elaborates — in contrast with the “dean” of Texas political media, who flails wildly and shoots from the hip. Times are certainly changing!
- "Dean" ot Texas political media reveals his reading comprehension difficulties – Paul Burka, BurkaBlog
- Guest Column: Better Care, Thanks to Tort Reform. Howard Marcus, The Texas Tribune
Unsurprisingly, the doctor favors patient choice and a market solution.
- Guest Column: No Better Care, Thanks to Tort Reform. Charles M. Silver, The Texas Tribune
Unsurprisingly, the academic favors a big government/lawyer solution.
- Texas’ $41.5 million federal stimulus program for homeless costs $219K per job – Mark Lisheron, Texas Watchdog
Additional perspective on that awful Fort Worth Star-Telegram story linked yesterday.