- Are tenured university professors making the grade? – Eric Dexheimer, Austin American-Statesman
Many probably are, but there is no accountability for those who aren’t.
- Sanchez Campaign Scrubs Mention of Tax Cuts From Their Website – Lawrence Person's BattleSwarm Blog
They didn’t fit the Dems’ “Soak Taxpayers” message.
- Jackson Lee: Abortion A 'Needed Action'; Refers to Babies' Heartbeats As 'Sounds' – Eric Scheiner, CNSnews.com
- Texas elections in limbo as courts mull vote maps – AP
Rule by our judicial betters is a poor substitute for the republican self-rule envisioned by the Founders.
- U.S. Senate candidate Cruz edges slightly ahead of Dewhurst in latest poll – Peggy Fikac, Chron Texas Politics
- Houston biz owners take aim at unaccountable, Houston Way taxing entity – Kevin Whited, blogHOUSTON
- Doggett, Castro swipe at each other over redistricting – Tim Eaton, Austin American-Statesman
- John Cornyn wants to cut off funding for “gun-walking” operations – Puneet Kollipara, Texas on the Potomac
- Hispanic Caucus blasts Herman Cain for electrified border fence "joke". Todd J. Gillman, Trail Blazers Blog
Jokes are fine, but this initially appeared to be a legit proposal, not humor. That’s problematic.
- A Perry Comeback? – Katrina Trinko, National Review Online
- Harsh criticism of Perry’s economic “plan” – Paul Burka, BurkaBlog
The latest sign of Burka’s cluelessness when it comes to conservative/Republican politics. Movement conservatives haven’t paid David Frum much attention for years, as he’s made a career (such as it is) of becoming the media’s favorite Republican to quote (that is, one who frequently criticizes conservatives/Republicans). Frankly, if you’re a Republican, being attacked by one of the Davidians (Frum and Brooks as identified by Bob Tyrrell; we would add Gergen) isn’t bad for your conservative cred.
- How worthless is the Houston Chronicle editorial board? – Unca Darrell
- Another mess at the comptroller’s office – Paul Burka, BurkaBlog
So… the internal controls worked, preventing a fraud, and Burka rants about a leadership failure? This is not journalism, but hackery.
- SNL's 'Rick Perry': 'You haven't seen the worst of Rick Perry yet'. Tom Benning, Trail Blazers Blog
When you cover comedy as news you run the risk of looking comedic yourself.
- Drought conditions fueling ‘red tide,’ decade’s largest algae bloom along Texas Gulf Coast – AP
- Saving the Lost Pines – Forrest Wilder, The Texas Observer