- Cruz assails Dewhurst for ‘hiding from the voters’. Robert T. Garrett, Dallas Morning News
Maybe he’s hiding with Sanchez?
- In jobs speech, Obama urges passage of $447 billion package. Carrie Brown & Jennifer Epstein, POLITICO.com
The contrast to last night’s debate couldn’t be more clear
- Sam Bassett: The TT Interview, Brandi Grissom, The Texas Tribune
- In defense of Rick Perry on the death penalty. John R. Guardiano, The American Spectator
- The shape of the Perry vs. Romney race. John Tabin, The American Spectator
- Fire damage reaches 12,000 acres, Cindy Horswell, Chron.com
- Bastrop flare up prompts rescue of utility crews. Mike Ward, Austin American-Statesman
- Sales tax grew at a double digit pace, but there’s still a revenue wobble. Robert T. Garrett, Dallas Morning News
Texas took in $1.98 billion of state sales tax last month, the most it’s pocketed in a single month in three years.
With the state rapidly growing in population, that’s not a shocker. But it suggests Texas’ economic recovery continues, however slowly.
It would be nice if the State’s reporters could refrain from editorializing of this type.
- Texas wildfires as seen from space, Molly Hennessey-Fiske, Las Angeles Times
Scary, but awe inspiring