- Former TWIA head Jim Oliver sues windstorm agency for severance pay, damages – Mark Lisheron, Texas Watchdog
- Texas Senate Race: A Strategy Primer – Kevin Brennan, National Journal
- "Risks of Outages" Under EPA Rule, Texas Report Warns – Kate Galbraith, Texas Tribune
- Texas’s Cult of Smoke, Barbecue-Land Journeys – Nathan Myhrvold, Bloomberg
- Texas budget director to quit in April, before next flood of red ink – Robert Garrett, Trail Blazers Blog
- Things to like about Rick Perry for a criminal justice reformer – Grits for Breakfast
- Perry's social agenda is sometimes at odds with Texas business – Kate Alexander, Austin American-Statesman
- Rick Perry's Role in the Education Culture Wars – Abby Rapoport, Texas Observer
- Socially liberal journos don't like Perry's pro-life record – Peggy Fikac, Chron.com
- Anti-death penalty journos don't like Perry's record on death penalty – Brandi Grissom, Texas Tribune
- The Anti-Science Smear – Rich Lowry, National Review
Science is often just an adjunct to the Left’s faith commitments. A Richard Dawkins takes evolutionary science beyond its competence and argues that it dictates atheism. An Al Gore makes it sound as if there is no scientific alternative to his policy preferences. They are believers wrapping themselves in the rhetoric of science while lacking all the care and dispassionate reasoning we associate with the practice of it.
It is in this vein that Rick Perry is branded anti-science. Ultimately, a president’s views on evolution count for little. Ronald Reagan shared Perry’s skepticism, and the nation survived. In Texas, Perry adopted policies designed to draw doctors and technology firms to Texas and create jobs. He succeeded. In this, he’s proven admirably empirical — more so, indeed, than the president of the United States.
- Open Season – George Neumayr, The American Spectator
- Is ABA President-Elect So Stupid She Doesn't Know What Strict Constructionism Means? – Rhymes with Right
- John Thornton gets some bang for his buck – Harris County Almanac
- Rick Casey retiring from Chronicle, to be replaced by Patricia Kilday Hart – Kevin Whited, blogHOUSTON
- Bachmann committee mischaracterizes Gov. Perry’s fiscally conservative record – RickPerry.org
- Romney’s “Core Constituency” — Jonathan Last Online
As Last illustrates, the many Romney affiliates (who prefer their guy over Gov. Perry) represented in this National Journal assessment seem to have hitched themselves to a career loser.
- If electric providers don't follow rules, use it to your benefit – Dave Lieber, Fort Worth Star-Telegram