- Battle brewing over Texas public pensions – Kate Alexander, Austin American-Statesman
- Planned Parenthood Abortion Biz Closes in Sherman, Texas – Steven Ertelt, LifeNews.com
- Texas Wind Energy Fails, Again – Robert Bryce, National Review Online
- Perry: Feds Owe Texas for Incarcerating Illegal Immigrants – Julian Aguilar, Texas Tribune
- Pete Olson Town Hall gets Astroturfed – David Jennings, Big Jolly Politics
- Lubbock employees cited for improper computer use – Leesha Faulkner, Lubbock Avalanche-Journal
Five Lubbock city employees have resigned or retired following an investigation into viewing pornography on city computers.
If they worked for Houston’s troubled transit agency, they could view possibly illegal child gay porn and come out with a week’s suspension.
- Collateral Politics: What Comes With Tort Reform? – Ross Ramsey, Texas Tribune
The Texas Trial Lawyers Association and, individually, some of the state’s wealthiest trial lawyers, were the dominant financial force on the Democratic side of the political ledger. (The Texas Trial Lawyers Association is a corporate sponsor of The Texas Tribune.)
And so is Steve Mostyn, who has also spent tons of money on Progressive causes and candidates. We eagerly await Texas Tribune’s critical coverage of that spending (but we won’t hold our breath).
- 100% Newsish – Harris County Almanac
- NYT/Texas Tribune vs. Perry on States’ Rights – Stanley Kurtz, National Review Online
As a front page hit piece on Perry’s states’ rights stance, the Times’ effort fails to impress.
Constitutionalism has proven to be a tough subject for more than a few journos so far.
- Media to Rick Perry: The Truth Isn’t Good Enough – Seth Mandel, Commentary Magazine
- The Houston Chronicle's "right-wing," "left-wing" bias – Unca Darrell
- Rick Perry's new attack dog: A "truth team" on social media – Theodore Kim, Trail Blazers Blog
Whether the other GOP candidates have set up similar “official” satellite accounts is unclear.
Why not just write “we don’t know?” This effort to cover political social media is a good idea that has been poorly executed so far.
- The Lufkin Daily sides with fiscal irresponsibility – Weston Hicks, AgendaWise Reports
- Ron Paul: I don't accept the theory of evolution – CBS News
Paul, of course, is a medical doctor, so it will be harder for journos to use non-entities like Jon Huntsman to attack him as “anti-science” for voicing his doubts about a theory of biological development.
- Perry talks foreign policy in speech to thousands of veterans – Jason Embry, Postcards
- CNN Poll Also Shows Perry's Broad Appeal – Steven Shepard, National Journal
- Rick Perry has distanced himself from George W. Bush’s brand of conservatism – Perry Bacon Jr, Washington Post
- Rick Perry’s Secret Weapon in the 2012 Presidential Race – Michelle Cottle, The Daily Beast
- Is Rick Perry dumb? – Jonathan Martin, Politico
- Who's behind "Perry a la Clinton" myth – Tom McGregor, DallasBlog.com
- The Statesman discovers Robert Morrow – Paul Burka, BurkaBlog