- The New California: In Republican politics, It's Texas – Tod Lindberg, Weekly Standard
- Rick Perry Is A Higher-Education Visionary. Seriously – Kevin Carey, The New Republic
- Bolden: Shuttle did not go to Space Center Houston due to low attendance, limited international access – Dana Guthrie, YourHoustonNews.com
IAH is “only” served by the world’s largest airline (United/Continental) and multiple international airlines. Surely that’s a major reason that Houston only ranked near Tulsa in the assessment. *wink*
- Cornyn talks sagebrush lizards, government instrusions – Mella McEwen, Midland Reporter-Telegram
- Small counties can live off speed traps under new legislation; Report documents bills affecting judiciary – Grits for Breakfast
- Did the Houston Chronicle bury the lede today? – Unca Darrell
- Rick Perry: Rip him if you can (but maybe try a little fairness and accuracy) – David Zurawik, Baltimore Sun
- More Inflation Isn't the Answer – Robert Samuelson, RealClearMarkets
Gov. Perry’s attention-grabbing rhetoric said much the same thing.
- Greg Sargent’s Imaginary Conflict – Dan McLaughlin, Red State
- Climate Change May Make Future Droughts Worse – Kate Galbraith, Texas Tribune
Most scientists … say that humans are altering the climate by adding heat-trapping gases like carbon dioxide and methane to the atmosphere.
Is there anything much more meaningless than asserting that adding things to the climate…. adds things to the climate?
Here is a much more useful piece for thoughtful, open-minded adults to ponder.
- Texas' housing agency — which failed to rebuild houses post-Hurricane Ike — criticized in 2010 audit for mishandling $503 million after hurricanes Katrina, Rita – Mark Lisheron, Texas Watchdog
Shockingly, the PR rep that Texas Tribune talked to didn’t seem to bring up the audit.
- Perry says health care a 'huge problem' for Romney – Jason Embry, Postcards