- More power plant woes likely if Texas drought drags into winter – Tom Fowler, FuelFix
- Perry sets Nov. 8 vote on changes to Texas Constitution – AP
- Rick Perry, Annotated – Andrew Ferguson, The Weekly Standard
- "Science" When It Suits Them – David Harsanyi, RealClearPolitics
Good reading for Paul Burka and some other members of the Austin lockstep political media.
- The Texas model works and the California model fails – David Warren, Ottawa Citizen
- Texans Cannot Afford the Higher Ed Status Quo – Sibyl West, Ramparts 360
- Hiring more police officers won't "save" Austin money – Grits for Breakfast
- Jeb Bush denies friction with Perry – Alicia Cohn, The Hill
“I think Texas has a great story and he can legitimately talk about that story as a candidate for president.”
[Jeb] Bush also defended Perry for his comments regarding global warming that some have called anti-science. “Global warming may be real. Whether it’s man-made or not is the point on which Perry was opining,” Bush said.
- Rick Perry’s Complicated Relationship with Latinos – Steven Gray, Time
Life is complicated! Headlines could be better, though.
- Club for Growth mostly warm to Rick Perry – Alexander Burns, Politico
- Texas and Taxes – Kevin Williamson, National Review
- Perry’s patronage issue – Daniel Foster, National Review