- Beware: new ISD spending schemes – Daniel Greer, AgendaWise Reports
- Some tea party activists rib Dewhurst for no-shows – Robert Garrett, Trail Blazers Blog
- Dewhurst irks tea partyers by skipping forums – Jason Embry, Austin American-Statesman
- Myths and flat out lies about Texas education and Rick Perry – WILLisms
- Rick Perry's Scientific Campaign Method – David Leonhardt, NYTimes.com
- Perry was never Al Gore's Texas chairman – R.G. Ratcliffe, Rick PerrySphere
- Rick Perry’s very good week – Marc Thiessen, Washington Post
- Trial lawyers prep for war on Perry – Alexander Burns, Politico
Is Steve Mostyn really a closet Republican who enjoys helping Gov. Perry?
- Will Perry Make Same Mistakes as McCain with Latinos? – Melissa Del Bosque, Texas Observer
- The Goldwater Talking Point – Erick Erickson, RedState
- Head of Texas motor vehicle agency resigns amid criticism – Gordon Dickson, Fort Worth Star-Telegram
The head of the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles resigned Monday, a few weeks after the fledgling agency that handles vehicle registrations and other services was criticized for not fixing organizational flaws quickly enough.
Maybe Texas Tribune will follow up with the institutional/bureaucratic spin on this particular resignation. Perhaps the guy simply wanted to spend more time with his family! *wink*
- Council bans beer cans on Comal and Guadalupe – Greg Bowen, New Braunfels Herald-Zeitung