- Dewhurst Makes It Official – Evan Smith, Texas Tribune
- Patterson Confirms He'll Run for Lieutenant Governor – Ross Ramsey, Texas Tribune
- Hutchison supports "Gang of Six" plan – Dave Michaels, Dallas Morning News
We’d much rather see her enthusiastically backing the Ryan Plan from the House side.
- Texas AG will bypass Obama Justice Department, ask federal court to okay redistricting map – Nolan Hicks, San Antonio Express-News
Skip the drama and go right to the people who ultimately decide our state’s representative politics.
- Tweet-less – Empower Texans
Matt Glazer suggests that all of these accounts were suspended for spam and other violations. Will Franklin wonders how Glazer has such a “detailed accounting” of the alleged violations (especially since the account histories are now unavailable).
- Rick O'Donnell Releases Faculty Productivity Analysis – Reeve Hamilton, Texas Tribune
- Study: 60% of Texas students are expelled or suspended – Gary Scharrer and Jennifer Lloyd, Houston Chronicle
- Perry's Democratic past like so many other Republicans' – Caroline May, Daily Caller
- Rick Perry’s ace in the hole: Rudy Giuliani – Chris Cillizza, Washington Post
- At second glance, Texas Gov. Rick Perry not as conservative as some think – Christian Heinze, The Hill
- Paul Stekler Analyzes Perry's Campaign Ads – Justin Dehn and Thanh Tan, Texas Tribune
- DeMint, a key senator, backs Ted Cruz – Jason Embry, Postcards
We love that someone thought “a key senator” needed to be added to that headline!
- Anti-Abortion Measure Targets Travis County – Ari Auber, Texas Tribune
Women’s health clinics are already under siege by the Legislature…
Nice editorializing in this “news” article’s final graf.
- Texas still second in mortgage closing costs – Jim Fuquay, Fort Worth Star-Telegram
- Martin Frost confesses to stealing from The Dallas Morning News – Tristan Hallman, Trail Blazers Blog