- House reverses earlier vote, approves must-pass budget bill – Kate Alexander, Postcards
- Texas bill on TSA pat-downs facing final showdown today – Dave Montgomery, Fort Worth Star-Telegram
Question: Has the GOP leadership been as inept as it seems moving this matter, or was it all just an act to spread blame around for failure to pass legislation the leadership never really wanted to pass?
- Is Texas the new California? – Brian Calle, Orange County Register
- Rick Perry No Stranger to Controversial Views – Jay Root, Texas Tribune
- Senate turns attention to "back-door amnesty" – Neil Munro, Daily Caller
Homeland security Secretary Janet Napolitano is in the Senate spotlight today, following revelations yesterday that her deputies in Texas hid their efforts to release hundreds of illegal immigrants facing deportation.
- Economic impact studies: instruments for political shenanigans – Eric Dexheimer, Austin American-Statesman
- Texas Monthly: Disclosure-Free Zone – Michael Quinn Sullivan, Empower Texans
- Statement by Gov. Rick Perry Regarding Sanctuary City Legislation
- Patrick: House dropped ball on search limits – Mike Ward, Postcards
- Hispanic Evangelicals to Perry: Time for reconciliation – Tristan Hallman, Trail Blazers Blog
- Watson to lead Senate Democrats – Mike Ward, Postcards
- Senators approve school funding plan that cuts $4 billion – Terrence Stutz, Trail Blazers Blog
More journalistic malpractice (in the form of reporting a spending increase as a cut).
- Milk Carton Democrats – MattSDowling.com
- Tricks and Spin on the anti-groping bill – Weston Hicks, AgendaWise Reports
- Keller school district to save 113 jobs – Sandra Engelland, Fort Worth Star-Telegram
A cynic might suggest that the “sky is falling” rhetoric of the tax increase advocates during their (failed) election effort was deceptive and overblown.