Top Stories: Rick Perry for President?
- Rick Perry: A Texan’s ‘exceptionalism’ – George Will, Washington Post
- Top Rick Perry Adviser Says 2012 Decision Still 'Weeks' Away, Calls Recent Press Coverage 'Crazy' – Jon Ward, HuffPo
- Why Rick Perry could be a formidable candidate – Sean Trende, RealClearPolitics
- The Middle American revolt – Jeffrey Kuhner, Washington Times
- The Presidential Race Made Easy – Bob Tyrrell, The American Spectator
- California’s mess not Texas’ fault – Steven Greenhutt, Orange County Register
- Sanctuary cities bill left for dead – Jason Embry, Postcards
- Perry's no Bush, when it comes to verbal miscues or message – Peggy Fikac, San Antonio Express-News
Fikac is an interesting one to write about the gaffes of others, given the fact she was not so long ago tossing the term “teabagger” around on twitter before the meaning of the vulgarity was explained to her.
- Legislature turns down lights on solar incentives, as Austin Energy project moves forward – Laylan Copelin, Austin American-Statesman
A story of, by, and for solar industry special interests. How about a taxpayer or consumer voice to celebrate the fact the legislature had the good sense not to effectively raise electric bills to transfer wealth to a special interest? Not to be found in this slanted piece.
- Weaver has a Candidate, but it's Not Rick Perry – Ross Ramsey, Texas Tribune