- Tour of Texas senatorial forums (Houston) – Cory Crow, Texas Iconoclast
- Rick Perry: Republican Savior or GOP Disaster? – Stuart Rothenberg, Rothenberg Political Report
- Another Texas Republican for President? – Steve Chapman, Reason
- Perry’s camp says, No, No, No to report he’s decided to run – Peggy Fikac, Chron Texas Politics
His not-yet-a-campaign has played the media game masterfully pre-announcement, though.
- Special session nearly over, work hardly done – Jason Embry and Tim Eaton, Austin American-Statesman
- Dewhurst at D Magazine: This is “As Close as I’m Gonna Come to Making an Announcement” – Glenn Hunter, FrontBurner
The lieutenant governor then praised the current Legislature for pumping more money into public education–even as it reduced spending by nearly $15 billion….
That would be news to anyone reading accounts by the state’s lockstep political media (and their out-of-context editorializing about $4 billion cuts).
- Two business leaders try to derail Texas ‘sanctuary cities’ bill – Robert Garrett, Dallas Morning News
- Amazon sweetens job offer; Texas lawmakers don't bite – Barry Harrell, Austin American-Statesman
- Perry touts Texas, avoids controversy in speech to Hispanic officials. Jason Embry Postcards
What, no “tepid” or “lukewarm” reference in the headline?
- Barton sticking with redrawn 6th Congressional District – Anna Tinsley, Fort Worth Star-Telegram
- EPA to study fracking in Barnett Shale – Matt Joyce, Houston Business Journal
The Obama Administration’s War on Texas continues.
- "Hindsight" Costing Dallas ISD Taxpayers Millions – Dustin Matocha, Empower Texans
- Rock The Ivory Tower: Reform Higher Ed. – WILLisms
- Every arm can wield a hammer: Defending Perry's veto of Texas texting ban – Grits for Breakfast