- Census shows ever-changing face of Texas – Jeannie Kever, Houston Chronicle
- Perry urges lawmakers to complete congressional remap plan – Dave Montgomery, Fort Worth Star-Telegram
It’s an abdication of responsibility to punt it to the courts, even if that’s where it ultimately winds up.
- Senator blasts Dewhurst in airport bill's failure – Aman Batheja, Fort Worth Star Telegram
- Despite last minute push, Patrick lacks votes for anti-groping bill – Erin Mulvaney, Trail Blazers Blog
- Senate stirs pot with TSA groping bill, sanctuary cities – Mike Ward, Austin American-Statesman
- Radio Host Storms Texas Capitol Over TSA Bill – Becca Aaronson and Thanh Tan, Texas Tribune
It’s officially a freakshow when Alex Jones shows up.
- Media: Voters Are Ill-Informed Children – Michael Quinn Sullivan, Empower Texans
- Perry: "Can't Say I'm Not Tempted" to Run for President – Thanh Tan, Texas Tribune
Your daily dose of this story.
- Texas forensic science panel chairman will be out of a job next week – Fort Worth Star-Telegram
- Texas higher ed needs restructuring – Jonathan Coopersmith, TheEagle.com
Restructuring the A&M and UT systems would be politically challenging. Which regents would remain with the flagships and which would remain with the other universities? Would former and current students accept a restructuring?
The higher ed status quo was effective at motivating former students to insist (!) on the status quo in the recent reform kerfuffle, so probably not. Cheering on the alma mater is easier. Rah rah!
- Are Colleges Ready For Innovation Revolution? – Derek Thompson, The Atlantic