- Turmoil in Hudspeth: Border violence, cartel violence ongoing problems for residents of 'twilight zone' – Chris Robert, El Paso Times
- Inside Intelligence: The Political Climate is… – Ross Ramsey, Texas Tribune
Insiders seem to favor higher spending more than the public at large.
- TSA's full-body oglers – Rep. David Simpson, Washington Times
- Businesses seek waivers from health care act and its costs; Texas health commissioner says exemption for state could save $60 billion – Mark Lisheron, Texas Watchdog
- 75 mph bill headed to governor – Ben Wear, Postcards
- Gov. Perry: The Dream of Property Ownership is Secure in Texas – Kevin Lindley, Texans for Rick Perry
- School finance measure toppled in House – Kate Alexander, Postcards
- Anti-Bullying Bill Clears Another Hurdle – Brandi Grissom, Texas Tribune
This is actually an issue for state government? Nanny state, indeed.
- Texas' Senate Democrats unite against revived 'sanctuary cities' bill – Dave Montgomery, Fort Worth Star-Telegram
- Texas End-of-Life Bills Appear Dead – Emily Ramshaw, Texas Tribune
- Budget Negotiators Agree on Education Funding – Thanh Tan, The Texas Tribune
- Democratic senators say they'll fight sanctuary cities bill – Tim Easton, Postcards
- GOP pushes bill to force decision on Keystone XL pipeline – Jennifer Dlouhy, FuelFix
- No Clear Signals on Budget, UT/TT Poll Finds – Ross Ramsey, Texas Tribune
Academic polls sometimes produce results like this, whereas political pollsters are sometimes more inclined to push respondents to choose between or rank competing priorities.
- Rick Perry's 2012 window of opportunity – Mark McKinnon, Daily Beast
Yet another variant of the same non-story…
- Timing could help Perry, as it always does – Jason Embry, Austin American-Statesman