- Lessons can be learned in education brouhaha – Lisa Falkenberg, Houston Chronicle
A great lesson on how one well-run ISD is weathering the budget storm.
- Heritage report: Texas ranks last in percentage of gas tax dollars – Michael Lindenberger, DMN
And yet Obama likes to claim that Washington, DC “gives” us money.
- Solomons Map Could Solidify GOP Hold on Districts – Matt Stiles, Texas Tribune
- Sandy Kress warns Obama administration might let No Child Left Behind accountability die – Hechinger Report
- Texas Monthly’s Paul Burka thinks Perry is akin to Birthers? – Evan, Texas Iconoclast
We couldn’t make this stuff up if we tried.
- John Cornyn leads charge against ObamaCare “cost containment” panel – Matthew Huisman, DMN
- Ogden takes candid, practical approach to state's fiscal woes – Jason Embry, Austin American-Statesman
Notice how only the people who want more state spending get sycophantic profiles?
- No Peña, No Gain – Patricia Kilday Hart, Texas Monthly
This article was rendered a bit outdated when we saw that it is in fact possible to draw a district that Peña might win.
- When party lines start to blur … Patrick blurs them further? – Robert Garrett, Trail Blazers Blog
- California dreamin' about Texas job – Steven Malanga, Real Clear Markets
Another one that probably won’t make the Texas MSM news roundups.
- Are UT Officials Suppressing Important Data? – Times of Texas
Perhaps outlets like Texas Tribune, Texas Independent and Hearst Austin — so dogged in their pursuit of O’Donnell emails and faulty footnotes — will pursue this bit of public-interest journalism?
UPDATE: Evan Smith of the Texas Tribune informs that they requested the documents several days ago. Good work — we look forward to their reporting.
- UT Austin spends $113M per year on athletics, #1 in the US – Tyler Cowen, Marginal Revolution
That’s a fact you didn’t hear much of while the Texas political media was shilling for the status quo in Texas higher education.
- Please be nice to me in redistricting – Wendy Davis, Texas Tribune
- Ron Kirk thinks Obama should make a play for Texas in 2012 – Richard Wolf, USAToday
If he spends many millions, he’ll still lose by more than the “few” percentage points he thinks he lost by in 2008.
- Texas high court takes a second look at open beaches – Matthew Tresaugue, Houston Chronicle
- Bill dies that would require voter approval of redlight cameras – Gordon Dickson, Fort Worth Star-Telegram