- Rick Perry to Newsmax: I Regret 'Heartless' Comment on Immigration – Martin Gould and Ashley Martella, NewsMax
- Superman vs. Warm Body – Thomas Sowell, RealClearPolitics
- Rick Perry sanctuary city stance under attack – Reid J. Epstein, Politico
Perry supported the [sanctuary city] bill and even set it as an “emergency” item. But the governor but didn’t do enough to get legislators to pass it, said Katrina Pierson, a tea party caucus advisory board member from suburban Dallas who met with Perry in June to ask him to institute the regulations by executive order.
So the Texas Tea Party movement now stands for government by dictatorial executive edict? Let’s hope most Tea Partiers don’t feel that way, and instead will continue their good work trying to influence legislators who blocked this particular policy initiative.
- Enough, already, with the porn on the public dime – Steve Miller, Texas Watchdog
- Disgraced METRO CEO Greanias's porn hobby costs taxpayers $14k+ (so far) – Kevin Whited, blogHOUSTON
- Houston Chronicle editorial misses the point – Peggy Venable, AFP
The headline is appropriate to most any editorial that newspaper cranks out.
- Back-handed apology to Perry from Back to Basics – Christy Hoppe, Trail Blazers Blog
The pro-education and teacher group Back to Basics admitted creating “quite a stir” with their full page ad that called Rick Perry a “coward” for refusing to debate Democratic opponent Bill White in the 2010 governor’s race.
The group might have been identified as the Steve Mostyn backed Pro-Dem/Anti-Perry group that it is, but Hoppe chose to deceive by omission.
- Public school advocate's kids in private school – Lisa Falkenberg, Houston Chronicle
Liberals are great at telling OTHER people what THEY should be doing, while exempting themselves.