- Perry could be top-tier candidate, polls show – Chuck Lindell, Austin American-Statesman
- For Texas House Frosh, the First Time Was No Charm – Ross Ramsey, Texas Tribune
- Drought is taking toll on Texas aquifers – Steve Campbell, Fort Worth Star-Telegram
- Perry environmental stance would transform EPA – Asher Price, Austin American-Statesman
- Texas town braces for polygamist leader's trial – Will Weissert, AP
Just another lifestyle choice?
- Gov. Perry: Gay marriage is states' rights issue – Ivan Moreno, AP
- Perry gives first New Hampshire interview – John Distaso, UnionLeader.com
- Perry not on Ames Straw Poll ballot – Chuck Lindell, Postcards
- Perry insurance pick has experience, ties to industry – Tim Eaton, Austin American-Statesman
- The skeletons in Rick Perry's closet – Brian Montpoli, CBS News
Many candidates would love to have the “skeletons” of having supported Giuliani (over a bumbling John McCain) and presiding over a low tax/low regulation state whose economy is booming (and whose “debt” was oversimplified by a regional newspaper columnist).
- Combs, Not Yet a Candidate, Flashes Cash – Ross Ramsey, Texas Tribune
- Historically black Houston areas adapt to Latino growth – Jeannie Kever, Houston Chronicle
- Will College Bubble Burst From Public Subsidies? — Michael Barone, RCP
One wishes more articles like this were on the reading lists of so many Texas higher ed status quo alumni/cheerleaders.
- Why UT and A&M Need to Change Their Ways – Wick Allison, D Magazine
- Neocon game – Paul Burka, BurkaBlog
In which Paul Burka begins a post by trying to link (unsuccessfully) to an article on neoconservatism by one of its founding fathers (the late Irving Kristol), then proceeds to contribute to the ongoing debasement of the term by using it as a meaningless pejorative. Did he even bother to read the Kristol piece?
- Texas Tribune lies, Twitter leaks? – Weston Hicks, Texas Tribune